These are samples of handmade custom cut-paper banners that we have provided to restaurants & businesses and for special occasions like weddings, quinceñeras & baptisms. We also offer fine custom wedding banners. Our banners are made by the finest papel picado artist in Mexico! Please contact us to discuss your project - MexicanSugarSkull@gmail.com or 626-592-0480.
General info ~ custom handmade cut paper banners
Everyone who has had custom papel picado banners made for their wedding, special occasion, restaurant or store has been absolutely delighted with the results. Our artist lives in a very tiny village in Mexico but is internationally recognized as a master paper cut artist. He is the keeper of a dying tradition and is the best of the best! He cannot cut less than the minimum order because he uses handcrafted chisels and cutting any less ruins the paper or plastic.
- The minimum order for custom papel picado banners is 20 banner string units
- Each string unit consists of 10 14" x 18" pages
- @ $20.00 per string = $400.00
(plastic banners 25% higher)
- Each banner string stretches to about 20-21 feet with extra string ends to tie on to if needed.
- $150 art charge maximum per logo. We can quote your PDF. Any design we already made can be added to your string at no additional charge (up to 2)
You can choose your tissue paper colors (up to 3). Most colors are available in Mexico, however, the colors may be approximations of what you view on your computer screen at home. They are also available in opaque plastic - not as pretty as tissue, but practical for outdoor weddings in humid or unpredictable climates. (Plastic is a 25% UP charge from paper).Shipping
- Shipping from Mexico to our location in N. California = $190 to $250. FedEx charges are increasing recently but the price can include up to 100 tissue paper banners for the same price as 20. This includes Custom's document preparation fee.
- Shipping from us to you = approx. $25 to your location. We can ship using your UPS account number - it's best if you need expedited shipping from CA.
The lead time is 6 to 10 weeks. The time can sometimes be reduced to about 6 weeks or less if need be but a RUSH charge of $150 will be added.
Pre-payment is required for custom orders. We work with the customer in adapting logos until they are happy. Once cutting has begun, we cannot change a design or make any refunds. Custom banners are not refundable.
Large quantity discounts are approx 10% for orders over 100 strings.
Please contact us for any questions you might have.
Tissue Paper Colors
Our artist in Mexico has the ability to get many colors to suit your needs, however subtle variations are not possible.
Colors (from left to right)
- lilac - this ends up looking gray. Not a good color
- royal blue
- dark turquoise
- flag green
- lime green
- yolk yellow
- marigold orange
- mandarin orange
- scarlet red
- rosa mexicana
Please note ~ These colors can look very different on different monitors!